Toor Dal - 1 cup
Shrimp - 15 nos (Small)
Shallots - 6 nos
Onion - 1 no (Sliced)
Green chilli - 3 nos
Tomatoes - 1 medium
Hing - 1 tsp
Sambar Powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric a pinch
Tamarind pulp - 1 cherry size
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Garlic - 4 pods
Coriander Leaves - few chopped
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to Taste
* Clean & devein the shrimp and keep it aside.
* Clean Toor Dal and pressure cook it with 2 drops of Oil and turmeric. Keep it for 2 whistle or till cooked.Then add Tamarind pulp into this dal and bring to boil.
* Mean time, Heat the oil in a pan.
* when the oil is hot add turmeric powder and then the mustard. When it pops up, add Hing poweder. Now add chopped onions,Green chili and curry leaves and fry for a while.
* Once onion is cooked, add tomato and fry it for a while.
* Now add Sambar powder and fry it for 5 min. Then add cleaned shrimp.Mix it well, let it cook for a while. Then add half cup of water and close with lid.
* Once the Shrimp cooked, Pour this into the dal mix.
* Now add little more hing powder.
* Bring to boil. Add salt and switch off the stove. Garnish with Coriander leaves.
* Serve it hot.