இறால் பிரியாணி/Shirmp biriyani.
Prawn - 1 lb
Green Chili - 8 nos
Coriander Leaves - 1/4 cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 tbsp
Cumin Seed Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Onion (finely sliced) - 1 cup (2 nos)
Tomato (chopped) - 1/2
Cooking Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water - 3 tbsp
Coconut Milk - 2 tbsp
* Basmati Rice - 2 cups
* Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
* Cardamom - 2 nos
* Bay leaves - 2 nos
* Cloves - 2 nos
* Ghee - 1 tsp
* Salt - to taste
* Wash the rice and soak it in water for 30 min.
* Boil the water in cooker, while boiling add whole gram masalas (bay leaves,cinnamon stich,Cardamom,cloves,oil and salt).Drain the water and add rice.
* Once the rice half cooke take out from the stove (Once rice half cooked some of the rice will go up and down). drain the water and keep the half cooked rice aside.
* Make a fine paste of green chili, cilantro, garlic, ginger and 3 tbsp water. Keep it aside.
* Clean & devein the prawns.
* Marinate them with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
* Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns lightly for 3 minutes and keep it aside.
* In the same oil add the sliced onion and fry till light golden brown.
* Add the wet paste, and fry in medium heat for 5 minutes.
* Add rest of the spices and tomatoes and fry in medium heat till oil starts leaving the side of the pan.
* Add the fried prawns and fry for 5 to 10 minutes. Add little water if necessary. Add the coconut milk.
* Now grease the baking dish with little bit of ghee and put a layer of rice.
* Put a layer of prawn over it and then again rice.
* Pre heat the oven for 5 min.Bake it 20 min in 350 degree F.
* Once it done Garnish it with fried onions and cilantro leaves.
* Serve it hot with raitha.
நன்றி மைதிலி தியாகு..