வஞ்சிரம் மீன் குழம்பு/King_Fish_Kuzhambu.
King fish (vanjaram meen) - 2 nos or 1 lb
Shallots – 1 cup (or 1 large red onion)
Green chilli - 2 nos
Garlic - 15 cloves
Tamarind – lemon size
Tomato – 1
Corriander powder – 1 Tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt - to taste
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Jaggery - 1 tsp
Sesame oil – 3 tbsp
Fry with little oil and Grind it:
Shallots - 5 nos
tomato - 1 no
Green chilli - 1 or 2 nos
coconut - 1 tbsp
Sambar powder - 1 or 2 tbsp
* Clean the fish and keep it aside
* Extract the tamarind juice and keep it aside.
* Peel and chop the onions except 5 of the small onions. Is using a big onion chop it to medium size and reserve ¼th of them.
* Grind the fried tomato,the reserved onions and sambar powder,coconut to a fine paste.
* Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a pan. Any oil can be used, When the oil is hot add the fenugreek seeds (this gives a wonderful aroma) and add the curry leaves, G.chilli and onions and fry until the onions turns colour. then add 1 tomato and fry it well.
* Then add Tamarind juice and chilli, coriander powder.
* Once This has bubble,add grind paste and salt,cook it for atleast 20 mins. Use more water if the curry is thick.
* Add Jaggery, then add the fish of your choice. King Fish goes very well for this recipe. Cook the curry till the fish is cooked. Pour over the sesame oil on the curry and close it with a lid and enjoy. (sesame oil is used to get a unique flavour)
* Add few curry leaves at the last.
*Serve it hot.
நன்றி மைதிலி தியாகு..