விறால் மீன் _மாங்காய்_ குழம்பு/Viral_mango_Fish kuzhambu.
Head and tail pieces of viral-6 pieces
Mango-2 small ones or 5 pieces
Chili powder-1 tablespoons
Coriander powder-2 table spoons
Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
* Marinate the fish pieces with ½ teaspoon salt and chili powder for 2 hours.
* Cut the onion, garlic and tomatoes into small pieces.
* Cut the mangoes into some big pieces. The seed can also be used as such
Keep the kadai in the stove. In two tablespoons of oil season the gravy with a teaspoon of fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and curry leaf. Sauté the onion, garlic and tomato pieces nicely.
* Dissolve the tamarind juice in 3 to 4 cups of water. Add the chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and the salt needed to this water. Add this water to the sautéed things in the kadai. Keep the flame in high and let the gravy cook for 5 minutes.
* Now reduce the flame to low and cook for 10 more minutes.
* Now add the mango pieces and cook for 3 minutes. Once the mango pieces are cooked slowly add the fish pieces one by one in such a way that they are inside the gravy. Now you can find that the gravy becomes little watery due to the high water content in the gravy.
* To give room for this extra water only we cook the gravy till it becomes thick before adding the fish. After adding the fish you cannot cook for a long time.
* The fish will get cooked within 7 minutes .Once you feel that the fish pieces are cooked switch off the stove.
* If desired a teaspoon of coconut oil can be added on top of the gravy to get extra flavor.
நன்றி மைதிலி தியாகு..